I only realized today that I hadn’t yet posted on the completed tree costume! I had to create a pattern from scratch to make the dress. It’s basically a t-tunic with a rounded skirt. It’s not perfect, for sure. Because I couldn’t create it with a turtleneck, like Starshine wanted, I ended up making the dress with a boat neck and topped it off with a separate cowl that served the double purpose of covering her hair and neck. It may not have been perfect but it was adequate for the play and she was definitely the most fabulous tree that stage has seen in a while…or pretty close to it!
One of the reasons I do not make costumes for money is this reason. I don’t go for perfection when I create something. I go for what will work and strive to get as close to the target result as I possibly can. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. This time, it did!
You’ve seen the birds, their nest, and the hat. Here’s the photo of the whole outfit complete with makeup.