Sewing Projects: In The Works

I’ve been helping with the costuming for the Eunice Players Theater’s production of “The Diary of Anne Frank” (opening on September 11th!) and I have decided to sew a few things rather than try to go on several wild goose chases to hunt down things that will fit Starshine. She’s not as tall as others her age and she’s as slim as a twig. Finding things that fit in the waist, usually mean those same things don’t fit in the length. It’s really frustrating sometimes. So I’ve already made a simple skirt to add to her items of clothing on the costume rack. Today I finished all but the last step of her slip (which is more like a summer dress, of necessity). I used muslin fabric and edged it with two different kinds of lace on the hem. The top is unadorned. I need something serviceable, not fancy. It just needs to do the job…and I’ll have to keep telling myself because my inner child says it needs more pizazz. Oh, well. Tomorrow…at some point…I’ll be making a nightgown and a pair of bloomers (again, of necessity). If you are in the area and you come to see the play, you’ll understand why. Our set is pretty amazing!

In addition to these items for our daughter, I’m also working on yarmulkes. My good friend helped me cut out the pieces. I just have to put the all together. My friend has been a super help backstage! It’s been so good reconnecting with her.

So here’s a photo of the finished slip. (The skirt’s already at the theater.) I’ll hopefully have a finished nightgown by Sunday and will post the photo then.

I made this slip without a patter. I just had an idea in my head of what I wanted it to look like and I knew what features it needed to have. It's probably still too big and I imagine it's too long as well. Thankfully, there are easy fixes for both of those problems, if they do occur. :) (I took this photo with my cell and used the Pixlr Express app to edit it.)

I made this slip without a pattern. I just had an idea in my head of what I wanted it to look like and I knew what features it needed to have. It’s probably still too big and I imagine it’s too long as well. Thankfully, there are easy fixes for both of those problems, if they do occur. πŸ™‚ (I took this photo with my cell and used the Pixlr Express app to edit it.)

I hope you enjoy the photo! I have to get back to work. So much to do…

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Sewing Projects: In The Works

    • Yes but I’m keeping the designs as simple as possible and the embellishment down to what’s really necessary for the character . It’s work, for certain! But it’s worth the effort. 😊

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s