I was very surprised to find out Unchained Emporium had been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Aquileana of La Audacia de Aquiles! I thank you very much!
►Here are the Award Rules:
1) The nominee shall display the respective logo on her/his blog and link to the blogger that has nominated her/him.
2) The nominee shall nominate ten to fifteen (10 to 15) bloggers she/he admires, by linking to their blogs and informing them about the nomination.
Here are my nominations for the One Lovely Blog Award, in no particular order. Some will have more commentary than others, especially if I’ve been following them for a while. Without further ado:
1. J.D. Kittles Photography – Yes, John is my husband, but I don’t think I’m being biased when I say he’s taken some beautiful, epic, awesome, wowie photos over the past 8 years. I’ve seen his progress over those years and he gets better and better every day. Please do check out his work! You’ll find photos of nature in all its glory (from macro to panoramic), vehicles, people, architecture and so much more.
2. West517 “The World We Know” – This wonderful Lady is another brilliant photographer. Her eye for subject, lighting, texture, and effects, really comes through in her work. My favorites are the vintage style photos. Please do stop by her blog and check out her wonderful work.
3. Book ‘n Volume – Morgan writes poetry the like of which is very hard to find. The words, when read aloud, roll gently off the tongue, flowing like a refreshing stream. I’ve been brought to tears on many occasions by the eloquence which she employs in conveying feeling and emotion to the reader. She pairs her poetry well with beautiful artwork and is always conscientious, making sure to credit the creator of the art. Please do stop by her blog and wrap yourself up in her wonderful poetry!
4. Harsh Reality – Now I might get blasted for saying it but Opinionated Man of Harsh Reality blog deserves an award. If you check out his blog, you might wonder why I nominated him. Here’s my reason. Life is not always pretty. Life is sometimes raw and biting, balancing out the smooth and joyous times. Balance is a beautiful thing. Knowing where you stand is also a beautiful thing. Not being afraid to share your downs as well as you ups takes lots of courage. As such, I think OM definitely qualifies because a life without balance has no chance at being lovely at all!
5. The Obvious And The Hidden: Fine Art Photography – Iosatel is a wonderful photographer, sharing many lovely black and white photos. I was immediately taken with the way light and shadow are used to give the most striking effect. Please do note that ‘striking’ doesn’t mean the same as ‘harsh’ or ‘glaring’ or ‘hard-edged’! While viewing any of the photos Iosatel has posted, I’m taken to a dreamland of possibilities. Please do stop by and check it out for yourself!
6. Paris Poems – Paris Poems is, as expected, a poetry blog. This wonderful Lady delivers poetry from the heart, about life, love, pain, and all things in between. No matter what, you are assured of reading a piece of art that will resonate somehow within you. Please check out her work and see for yourself.
7. The Art of Quotation – This is a fabulous blog that consistently shares quotes that inspire me and make me think.
8. Totally Inspired Mind – Paulette of Totally Inspired Mind blog is a faithful reblogger, sharing many wonderful posts from many inspiring souls. Please do stop by and check out what she’s found today!
9. Source Of Inspiration – Pat Cegan, the author of this blog, write poetry that comes from her faith experiences. She’s written some beautiful pieces that have touched my heart. Please stop by and read a few for yourself!
10. Emerald Wake – Ah! What can I say about EM’s beautiful photos? Here are a few adjectives to describe his work: other-worldly, dreamlike, magical, colorful, soft but clear, mysterious, wondrous, simply amazing. Don’t take my word for it, though! Check it out for yourself!
11. Audio SeXXX – Don’t let the name put you off! I almost did and wow! What a regret that would’ve been. James Revels III is a composer and artist. I’m not really sure how to describe his work. Perhaps the word compelling would be best applied here. I really enjoy his instrumental work. I think what I like most about his blog is that he seeks interaction with his followers via polls and social media connections and he shares his journey in making music and art. I believe in supporting people who are going after their dreams with all they have and I believe James is doing just that.
12. Colorful Threads of Life – Evon Foo, who writes this blog, is a wonderful Lady who shares her love of nature through photography, linking it many times with applicable scripture verses. She also shares craft ideas and little things about life in her corner of Malaysia. Do stop by her blog and see what she has to share!
I believe these blog merit the One Lovely Blog Award for the reasons I shared beside each one. No matter what comes of this nomination, I do hope each one will realize their worth to me as a follower and reader. I don’t always have time to read every post but I do my best to catch those I can. Good luck!
PS…I know OM has received a lot of flack for his blatant and blunt opinions on many hot topics. I don’t always agree with everything posted on the internet but I’m not going to attack someone with a different opinion, just because they had the courage to share theirs. I will not approve any hateful statements towards him or any of the other blogs I’ve nominated. Misery may love company but I don’t love misery, so kind or encouraging statements are the only ones I’ll approve here.